Tuesday, July 28, 2015

ISTE Standards

Although I need a great deal of improvement implementing ALL ISTE standards, I feel it's important to grow myself before I can effectively grow others.

I pledge, here in front of my entire reading audience, that I will commit to bettering myself on the following ISTE standards:

Excellence in professional practice Educational Administrators promote an environment of professional learning and innovation that empowers educators to enhance student learning through the infusion of contemporary technologies and digital resources.

a. Allocate time, resources, and access to ensure ongoing professional growth in technology fluency and integration

b. Facilitate and participate in learning communities that stimulate, nurture and support administrators, faculty, and staff in the study and use of technology

c. Promote and model effective communication and collaboration among stakeholders using digital age tools

d. Stay abreast of educational research and emerging trends regarding effective use of technology and encourage evaluation of new technologies for their potential to improve student learning

I commit to devoting 1 hour, 2 days a week during the month of August to this standard. By the end of August, I will be ready to tackle other ISTE standards... one at a time, until I have improved all areas.

Wish me luck!

Does anyone else want to join me on my journey?

No comments:

Post a Comment